Friday, January 28, 2011

Shattered Star

I was like a shattered star
Falling to the Earth from far,
Far away in the dark
My light extinguished, save a spark,
You caught me
Lit the fire again
Until you left me in the rain
I don’t think I can stand the pain
Of knowing that it’s over.
I trusted you and gave my heart
And let you tear it right apart
Can’t you see how much it hurt?
Why don’t you blow your cover?
I know what happened
There’s no lies
I can see it in your eyes,
Give up your shallow, lame disguise
Admit there was another.
You know they talk,
They say these things
Each time they salt the wound it stings
There’s no more queens and no more kings
Or lovers.
I am like a shattered star
Falling to the Earth from far,
Far away in the dark
My light extinguished, save a spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment